Recipe Book in your favorite oneapp is the one place to find interesting recipes, submit your own, and enjoy the joy of cooking with everyone. Krutika has shared one of her recipes where she has given a flavourful twist to our mundane poha or as she called it Puli Aval Upma.
INGREDIENTS FOR PULI AVAL UPMA OR TAMARIND POHA
- Poha (thick variety) – 2 cups
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Tamarind Paste – 3 tbsp
- Mustard oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 2tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Chana dal – 2tbsp
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Dried red chillies – 3
- Peanuts – 3tbsp
- Salt as required
HOW TO COOK PULI AVAL UPMA OR TAMARIND POHA
- Soak chana dal in a bowl of water for 5 minutes.
- Wash poha well and let it rest in the strainer.
- Add turmeric powder and tamarind paste over the poha and mix well with light hands. Keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Once hot, temper with mustard seeds.
- As mustard oil starts crackling, add urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves, dried red chillies and peanuts.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes and then add the poha along with salt. Give a good mix and take off the flame after 1-2 minutes.
- Your Puli Aval Poha is ready.
Enjoy this simple yet yummy dish as morning breakfast or evening snacks. Also let us know in the comments below if you have made it and how you liked it.
For more such yummy, twisty recipes, download oneapp now, and get started.