Hello everyone, today I am going to share an exciting recipe with Ricotta cheese and spiral pasta. But before that, I would like to share some interesting facts about Ricotta cheese. But even before that, let me tell you, the recipe book card of oneapp contains hundreds of exciting recipes with new recipes getting shared every day by experienced chefs, home chefs, and even amateurs. If you too like to share your recipes with others and/or want to check out interesting recipes from the others, all you have to do is download oneapp and register. Go to the Recipe Book Card and viola!!
So, what are you waiting for? Download oneapp now!
Now coming to the Ricotta cheese. Many of you must know that ricotta is a whey cheese i.e. produced from the leftover whey of the cow, goat, buffalo, and sheep milk after it has already been used for making other richer varieties of cheese. This cheese is originated in Italy and first produced mainly by the shepherds.
However, the interesting story is that did you know that ricotta cheese has its origin dating back to the Bronze Age? Yes, that right. The paintings from the bronze age indicate that ricotta was produced in the bronze age and though not very popular at the time due to its shorter shelf life, it was consumed popularly by the shepherds and even some of the Roman aristocrats too.
Now, let’s come to the recipe.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED FOR RICOTTA-PASTA SALAD –
- Zucchini – 2, halved lengthwise
- Cherry tomatoes – 250 gm
- Yellow baby tomatoes – 250 gm
- Large spiral pasta – 300 gm
- Perfect Italiano Ricotta cheese – 150 gm
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Sea salt flakes – As per taste
- Warm water – 2 tbsp
- Baby basil leaves – For serving
HOW TO MAKE RICOTTA-PASTA SALAD –
- Set the oven to preheat in 200 degree centigrade in fan-forced mode.
- Add toss the zucchini and olive oil, season with salt and roast for 10 minutes in oven.
- Then add the tomatoes (both cherry and yellow variants) and roast for another 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Cook pasta until tender. Set aside.
- Mix ricotta cheese and water in a bowl.
- Now combine all the ingredients including zucchini and tomatoes, pasta and ricotta.
And your tasty and healthy ricotta-pasta salad is ready to serve.