Tea is one of the most commonly consumed beverages. On a cold, blustery day, a steaming cup of tea feels warm and soothing, while in the throes of summer you can add it over ice for a thirst-quenching refresher. There are many powerful healing herbs for tea that can transform it from a tasty beverage into a health drink.
Teas are very versatile. You can use them in things like:
- Dairy-free elixirs
- Gluten-free grains (use tea instead of wheat)
- Or enjoy on their own!
From supporting our digestion, immune system, to improving our mood, this range of powerful herbs discussed below keeps us covered with multiple health benefits. Let’s have a look at 20 such powerful herbs that can boost your humble tea-drinking experience and health.
Now buy premium tea online through oneapp. Download now.
20 HEALING HERBS FOR TEA
- Peppermint: It helps to relax the muscles of the digestive tract and reduce spasms.
- Chaga: Chaga is the king of mushrooms. It’s a powerful immunity booster that has anti-cancer and antioxidant properties.
- Reishi: Reishi is the queen of mushrooms. It soothes and calms the nervous system and has immunity modulating compounds.
- Chamomile: Calming and great for digestion.
- Ginger: Ginger is anti-inflammatory, builds up immunity and is great for nausea.
- Turmeric: Strongly anti-inflammatory and rich in anti-cancer properties.
- Passionflower: Promotes sleep and relaxation. Helps to lower blood pressure.
- Lemon Balm: Soothes the nerves and calms the mind and body.
- Cinnamon: It’s great for balancing blood sugar. Cinnamon also offers a natural sweetness.
- Fennel: Reduces digestive spasms and gas. Also eases symptoms of cough and cold.
- Lemon: Lemon is high in Vitamin C, stimulates digestion and detoxes the liver.
- Maca: It helps relieve stress, boost energy levels and balance hormones. It also increases sex drive.
- Ashwagandha: It helps relieve stress, calms the mind, boosts up energy levels and reduces inflammation. Also known to support thyroid health.
- Licorice: It’s a great digestive aid, which is antimicrobial and antibacterial.
- Marshmallow: It’s a mucilaginous herb that soothes the mucus membranes of the digestive system, respiratory tract and urinary tract.
- Lemongrass: Reduces digestive discomfort, helps to soothe pain and lowers cholesterol levels.
- Lavender: It has a calming and sedative effect and helps to relax the muscles.
- Matcha: It’s rich in antioxidants, boosts energy levels. Matcha contains l-theanine – an amino acid that helps to increase focus and concentration.
- Jasmine: It helps to reduce inflammation, promotes sleep and relaxation. Jasmine is antibacterial and antiviral.
- Echinacea: It helps to stimulate the immune system and has antibacterial, antiviral and anticancer effects.
Do you know any other ingredients that we can use in our tea to boost wellness? Share with us in the comments below. Also, you can share your tea recipe with oneapp users by sharing it in our Recipe Book section.