Chilli Chicken is one of the most popular Indo-Chinese styles of chicken which is ideal as a starter or even as a main course. This dish can be served with fried rice or noodles or even cooked a little dry as a starter. We Indians swear by our favorite Chilli Chicken Recipe and even love cooking it at home. Not just with rice and noodles, Chilli Chicken pairs up well with Indian flatbreads like roti & parathas as well.
Chilli Chicken is fairly easy to cook at home and can be prepared in a jiffy as most of the ingredients required are mostly always available in the kitchen. You can always order the freshest of the ingredients easily and conveniently from your home using oneapp.
In this article, let me give you the recipe of chilli chicken so that you can prepare it at your home.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED TO COOK CHILLI CHICKEN
- 350 gms boneless chicken (diced)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp vegetable Oil (for deep frying)
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 2 tsp green chillies, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (adjust according to strength
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Water for marinade
- Lukewarm water for cooking
- Some finely chopped spring onions
- 1 green chilli (chopped) for garnishing
METHOD OF COOKING CHILLI CHICKEN
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, beaten egg, cornflour, ginger and garlic paste. Add 2 tsp of salt and water as needed to marinate the chicken pieces well.
- Heat some oil in a wok and deep-fry the marinated chicken pieces over medium to high heat. Fry until the chicken is cooked through. Drain on paper napkins for the excess oil to get soaked.
- Now heat 2 tbsp of oil in a separate wok, add onions and stir-fry over high heat until translucent.
- Now add in the ginger-garlic paste & sauteé for a minute.
- Add the green chillies, give it a toss.
- Put in the sauces and sauteé for a minute.
- Add salt and stir well.
- Now add in the deep fried chicken pieces and toss well.
- Adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding in some lukewarm water.
- Simmer for a minute or two, let the chicken cook with the sauces.
- Check seasoning.
- Switch off the flame.
- Put it in a bowl and garnish it with some spring onions and green chillies.
- Serve hot with fried rice, noodles or bread of your choice.
Isn’t it easy? However, if you are feeling lazy or not in the mood of cooking but in the mood for some chilli chicken, well now you can Order Chilli Chicken Online in Navi Mumbai from your favorite restaurants using oneapp. Also, you can find more chicken recipes in the Recipe Book section of your oneapp. Isn’t it just one app for all solutions? Download it now.