Monsoon is here and monsoons are beautiful. The cool breeze, the downpour, the rain-soaked surroundings make you fall in love with nature. The rainy, damp season does make you feel a little less irritated from the incessant heat. Watching the rain, reading books with a cup of coffee, snuggling in bed or listening to music are some of the ideal activities during the rainy season.
Spending some quality time with our loved ones with the rains pouring heavily & sitting together with a warm bowl of soup is what most of us look forward to. Be it the rains or catching a cold due to the cool, damp weather, a warm bowl of Chicken Stew is what we need in the rains or chilly winters.
Let’s quickly learn an easy yet healthy recipe to make Chicken Stew at home using some basic ingredients. Also, order the ingredients quickly from your local stores while sitting cosily at home using oneapp. Download Now.
RECIPE OF CHICKEN STEW
- Boneless or curry cut chicken pieces – 500gms
- 2 medium-sized potatoes- diced
- 2 medium-sized onions- diced
- 1 carrot- diced
- 10-12 beans- diced in inch long pieces
- 1 tomato- diced
- 1 small papaya- diced
- A tsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 3-5 cloves
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2-3tsp of white pepper powder
- 2 tbsp of white oil/sunflower oil
- 2 tsp of salted butter
- Warm water- keep handy
- Salt to taste
- Some chopped coriander leaves (optional)
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN STEW
- Wash the chicken pieces in cold water & pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Marinate the chicken with some salt & a tsp of turmeric powder for 10-15minutes.
- Switch on the gas put it to medium flame & put a pressure cooker on it
- Now in the pressure cooker, add 2 tbsp of white oil or Sunflower oil
- When the oil is hot, temper it with the whole spices: cardamom, cinnamon & cloves.
- Let them splutter for a minute
- Put the ginger-garlic paste & cook it till the raw smell goes away.
- Now add the diced onions & sautèe it with the ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook them till the onion is translucent.
- Now add in the diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some salt as per taste
- Now add the papayas & give it a nice stir.
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced carrots & beans & stir well.
- Put in some black pepper powder & braise well for a minute sprinkling dome warm water.
- Now add the marinated chicken & stir it well with the vegetables
- Put some salt & black pepper & braise the mix for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some warm water when you braise the mixture.
- After a couple of minutes add about 2glasses of warm water & mix it really well with the chicken & vegetables.
- Add some butter & let it boil for a minute.
- Put the lid on & let the stew get cooked in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes which would take 3 whistles to get it done.
- Switch off the flame & wait till the air pressure is released from the pressure cooker.
- Open the lid & check if the meat & vegetables are tender.
- Pour it over in a bowl & put some butter on top.
- Garnish it with some chopped coriander leaves (optional.
- Serve it fresh with some crisp butter toasts or some steamed rice & you’re all set to devour a comforting meal.
Read our article on “Headline: Chicken Coriander Soup To Boost Immunity“
One may or may not add milk or cream to the Chicken Stew but we prefer it simple with all the flavours infused in the stew broth. Make it for your family & friends & they will become a fan of this easy, simple yet wholesome Chicken Stew.