Bored of having the same home-cooked meal every day? How about trying some fun yet quick fix recipe to satiate the taste buds?
Muffins! Small and round bread. The name has been derived from the French word ‘moufflet’. However, the origin of the muffins is not from France. Muffins are actually British and American specialities. British-style muffins were discovered by the Welsh in the 10th century. In the Middle Ages, muffin dough was cooked in a special ring-shaped mould placed directly on the stove or pan. However, American muffins are more like bread cooked in a muffin pan. Until the end of the 18th century, the batter used chemical yeast, namely pearlash which produced carbon dioxide in the batter. After that, baking powder is used to develop the dough, until now.
COOK SAVORY MUFFIN WITH ONEAPP
Muffins are generally sweet bread. However, today we will be sharing a savoury and salty recipe for muffins. Its light serves as a great snack and is very easy to make. You can order the ingredients for the muffins from your local grocery store using oneapp. Download here.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MUFFINS
- All-purpose flour 100 gms
- Eggs 2
- Grated cheese 50gms
- Oregano ½ tsp
- Chilli flakes ½ tsp
- Salt about 3 tbsp
- Black pepper powder ½tsp
- Milk 3-4tbsp or hung curd 2 tbsp
- Baking powder ½ tsp
- Baking soda ⅓ tsp
- Sauteed mushrooms (optional)
- Chicken stir fry with salt, butter & black pepper powder (optional)
PROCEDURE OF MAKING MUFFINS
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & sieve to a bowl.
- Now add the oregano, chilli flakes & black pepper powder & mix well.
- Put the eggs one by one & fold them into the batter slowly.
- Add the grated cheese, mix well.
- You may add sautéed chicken, tofu or mushrooms in it for a wholesome muffin. Mix well.
- Add the milk or curd in batches for a smooth cake batter.
- Brush the cupcake liners with butter.
- Pour the muffin mix into the cupcake liners.
- Add some grated cheese on top.
- Tap the cupcake mould to release the air bubbles from the muffin mix.
- Preheat the oven for 5 mins at 180 degrees.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20minutes.
Serve it warm.
If you want more such interesting recipes, find them in the Recipe Book section on your oneapp. Bon appetit.