Raw mangoes are packed with health benefits. Apart from being really tangy and tasty, they are known to prevent diabetes, boost immunity, support heart and digestive health, improve vision and also support weight loss journey.
Now you can order raw mangoes online using oneapp. Download the app now.
Today I am going to share an exotic recipe using raw mango, aam pora sherbet.
Summers in India are scorchy, humid and often exasperating. When the mercury is rising above 40 degrees, we need to take certain precautionary measures to keep ourselves well hydrated. Having plenty of water and refreshing drinks helps to quench our thirst and keep us cool and hydrated. Aam pora sherbat is a popular cooling in eastern India. The drink is made with roasted raw mangoes and is very similar to the North Indian aam panna, as the ingredients are more or less the same, the only difference being the subtle smoky flavour of the beverage which adds a distinctive taste to it.
Aam panna and range of other cooling drinks can now be ordered online using oneapp.
FACTS ABOUT AAM PORA SHERBAT:
The aam pora sherbat recipe is known to be an heirloom recipe of Bengal. Tradionally in this sherbat, the raw mangoes were first roasted over hot charcoal and then the sherbat was made with cold water stored in earthen pots or Matka. It is believed that roasting the raw mangoes over an open charcoal reduces the heat of the fruit and helps in balancing the body temperature and protects from the scorching heat of the summer and also dehydration providing a much needed energy boost.
HOW TO MAKE AAM PORA SHERBAT:
- Take 3 firm raw mangoes
- 1 tsp of black salt
- 4-5 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper powder
- 1 tsp of mustard oil
- Ice cubes as required
- Cold water
Now making this sherbet will be all quick and easy as you can get all the ingredients easily delivered to your doorstep. Just order online using oneapp and you are sorted.
Now let’s find out how to make this exotic cooling drink.
- Wash and pat dry the raw mangoes and remove the stalk from end.
- Then rub the mustard oil over the mangoes so that the skin can be easily removed.
- Char the mangoes over direct flame for about 10- 15 mins
- Once its done, let the charred mangoes cool completely.
- Now gently peel the skin of the mangoes.
- Scoop out all the soft pulp into the blender.
- Then add about 4-5 tbsp of sugar into the blender.
- Add 1 tsp each of black salt, cumin powder and black pepper powder into the blender.
- Now add some cold water to blend it into a smooth mixture.
- You can refrigerate this mixture in an air tight container for further use upto 15days.
- To make it into a sherbat, add ice cubes in the glasses (optional)
- Pour the blended mixture according to the consistency of the sherbat.
- Niw add some cold water, dilute it and serve immediately.
- Your aam pora sherbat is ready.
- You may also add a few coriander leaves or mint leaves to the mixture as per taste.
- Instead of using black paper powder, you can add a green chili or a pinch of red chili powder to the mixture.
- To make your sherbat healthy, you can use jaggery instead of refined sugar.
If prepare the sherbat, make sure to put in the comments section if you like it or not.
To find more interesting such recipes, download the oneapp now. Once downloaded, register with your mobile number or email address. In the dashboard, scroll down to find “Recipe Book” card, and viola you have number of interesting recipes from across the country and even world right in your fingertip.
Also, read our article on: “HEALTH BENEFITS OF MANGO“